Thanksgiving is a time for thankfulness and FOOD! This easy and adorable turkey rice crispy treat recipe will tick all the boxes—fun, food and lots of memories. You won’t regret these!
These turkey rice crispy treats are a fun holiday twist on a classic treat. Rice crispy treats are particularly special to me because I used to make them with my Memaw as a kid. Mmmm, I can smell those melting marshmallows now!
While you do need a stove for these, they are so easy and so quick to make. Well, what are you waiting for, lets make these turkey rice crispy treats!
TURKEY RICE CRISPY TREAT RECIPE
- Melt the butter over medium heat on the stovetop.
- Once melted, add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Add all 6 cups of rice crispy treats to the melted marshmallow/butter mixture and stir unit combined.
- Dump rice crispy treat mixture into a greased baking dish and press firmly into pan with wax paper.
- Let cool completely.
- Once cooled, use a circular cookie cutter or a jar lid to cut circles out of the pan.
- Decorate your turkeys using the white icing to stick on the mini Reece’s for the head, adding candy eye balls and then adding candy corn feathers behind the head.
- Voila! SO CUTE! Oh… and delicious!
The best part of these turkey rice crispy treats is eating them… so don’t worry too much about perfection. They are fun to make regardless of how they turn out. If your kids are anything like mine, they’ll do more sneaking candy corn into their mouths than decorating anyway… 😉
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Let us know how your turkeys turned out below!
Check out these awesome posts, too!