Snow is falling, the tree is lit and the smell of freshly baked sugar cookies fills the air. Whether you are baking them for your family or to gift to a friend, these easy Christmas cookie recipes will be a hit for everyone!
Homes all around the country bake cookies as a Christmas tradition. From traditional decorated sugar cookies to thumbprint cookies, hot cocoa cookies, gingerbread and everything between, you are sure to find a cookie for anyone on this list. Best part is… this list of easy Christmas cookie recipes is perfect for the non-bakers out there like me!
*This post may contain affiliate links! If you buy something through one of those links, you won’t pay a penny more, but we’ll earn a small commission, which helps offset the cost of the blog. Thanks!
Christmas cookies are close to the hearts of those who make them, and also to those who receive them as a gift! Get yourself a cute holiday cookie box, tie on a ribbon bow and voila… an affordable and meaningful gift. Now, let’s get to this list so you can get baking!
TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPES
- Thumbprint Cookies – These are always a staple at my Grandparent’s house on Christmas!
- Gingerbread Men – Is it even Christmas without these?
- Walnut Shortbread Cookies – This German classic looks so yummy!
- Ginger Molasses Cookies – These take only 30 minutes and are so cute decorated!
- Traditional Sugar Cookie – Try these piping bags for easy decorating.
- Classic Snickerdoodle
UNIQUE CHRISTMAS COOKIES
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies – Ummm, yes please!
- Hot Cocoa Cookies
- Christmas Pinwheel Sugar Cookie – As complicated as this looks, its surprisingly easy.
- Red and Green Gooey Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – These are so cute and look like they are covered in snow.
- Peppermint Crunch Dark Chocolate Cake Cookies – This one has only 4 ingredients!
Traditional or whimsical and unique, the best thing about making Christmas cookies is the memories you make doing it. Get your kids involved and let the kitchen get messy… trust me, the mess is so worth it!
Pro tip: a few things that help make the baking process a little easier are silicone baking mats (these keep the cookies from sticking!!), a stand mixer and of course, cute aprons!!
While I’m definitely not known for my baking (*hides face behind hands,) I’ll be busting out the rolling pin this year to give some of these a shot. Growing up, my dad always delivered cherry cheese pies to our neighbors all around and I’d love to continue that tradition in my own way. Who knows, maybe I’ll be able to deliver a cute box of cookies to each neighbor!
What is your favorite Christmas cookie tradition? Do you have an easy Christmas cookie recipe to share? Let me know in the comments below!
Check out more helpful holiday posts below!
- Need a little help with Christmas shopping this year? This Holiday Gift Guide for Her will help you knock it out quick and stay on budget!