This Instant Pot butternut squash soup recipe is the ONLY one you’ll ever need. It’s quick, easy and oh so yummy. It will be your favorite fall go-to for a healthy and delicious meal.
Anyone else looking for a delicious fall-flavored meal packed with healthy goodness? I don’t know about you, but I have a tendency to eat ALL. THE. THINGS. when the weather gets chilly. Actually, I take that back… I eat all of the unhealthy things. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve looked down at my plate over the last few weeks and not seen the most nutritious spread. Ugh…
Well, fear not. This delicious Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup Recipe will give you all those fuzzy fall feelings without all the heaviness. Not only is it nutritionally dense, it’s made in the Instant Pot so it’s SO EASY. I’m talking 30 minutes from ingredients to bowl here, people!
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- 12 oz frozen butternut squash
- 12 oz frozen sweet potatoes
- 1 apple diced
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- salt and peper
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT heavy cream to Instant Pot and set pressure to high for 10 minutes.
- Once finished, allow pressure cooker to naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release the rest.
- Once pressure is released, open and blend completely with an immersion blender until desired consistency is achieved.
- Once blended, add heavy cream and stir.
- Now it's time to enjoy!
HOW TO EAT BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
This soup is so tasty you can literally scoop it from the bowl and go to town. We love to pair this soup with a slice of French bread to sop up all the goodness. You can also top with toasted pumpkin seeds, toss in a few chia seeds or really anything else you can think of! These elements add protein and a nice crunch to a smooth soup. Ahh… perfection!
DOUBLE THE BATCH
This recipe makes enough for about 4 people to have a hearty-sized bowl. If you want to serve more, just double the batch. Easy peasy!
Another great bonus for this soup? It freezes like a dream! Grab yourself some freezer bags and pop them in the freezer for a ready to heat and eat meal any time you need it. Pro tip: Lay the soup in bags flat in your freezer until they become solid, then you can arrange in a more space efficient way.
Seriously, this Instant Pot butternut squash soup is a mama’s dream. I’m alllllll about an easy meal these days and I’m telling you – it can’t get any simpler than this one. Try it out and let me know what you think!
Do you have a favorite healthy fall go-to? Share with us in the comments below!
Check out more posts below!
- Learn how to practice gratitude as a mom and see your life change for the better!
- Check out these 7 Ways to Combat Stay at Home Mom Depression and take you joy back!
- Find out how to get the most out of your UN quiet time with the Lord!