This delicious homemade salsa recipe is made with all fresh ingredients. Within a matter of minutes, you can have the BEST salsa you’ve ever had using nothing but a blender. Dip your favorite chips in it or use it as a topping for your favorite breakfast tacos—you can’t go wrong with this one!
When it comes to snacks, homemade salsa has always been my favorite go-to. It is flavorful and satisfying while also being PACKED full of healthy micronutrients. Booya! Yes… I know, tortilla chips aren’t exactly a healthy food… but it’s a great happy medium to allow yourself to enjoy food in a healthy and balanced way.
All you need for this yummy homemade salsa recipe is a handful of fresh ingredients and a good quality blender (I use this one.)and voila! THE BEST SALSA EVAAAAAA! While lots of recipes call for using canned tomatoes (and technically you CAN use them) I muuuuch prefer the taste of salsa made with only fresh and raw ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE IT YOUR OWN
- TONE DOWN THE HEAT: While the recipe for this salsa contains jalapeños, you can simple take them out if you aren’t a fan of heat. Substitute a bell pepper in it’s place for another delicious depth of flavor. Me? Well, I LOVE the heat so I may just throw in an extra jalapeño in mine!
- CHANGE UP THE CONSISTENCY: By pulsing this homemade salsa recipe in your blender, you’ll get a nice, chunky salsa. If you prefer your salsa smooth, blend that baby up until it’s juuuust how you like it.
- THE CILANTRO DEBATE: I know, I know… some of you just HATE cilantro. That’s okay! Leave it out… simple as that. Here’s a little secret—toss in a handful of spinach leaves for visually pleasing salsa with some bonus nutrients.
THE BEST HOMEMADE SALSA RECIPE
- 3-4 tomatoes (any variety)
- 1/2 onion
- 1-2 jalapeños, deseeded
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- handful of cilantro
- Add all ingredients to your Vitamix or other blender and blend until it is your desired consistency.
- For smoother salsa, blend until chunks are gone. For a chunkier salsa, pulse until it’s perfect!
This homemade salsa recipe will last up tp 5 days in the refrigerator, that is, unless it all gets gobbled up before then! Simply put, this is the best homemade salsa recipe ever and it’s a snack you can enjoy almost guilt-free. Now, grab that blender and start making your new favorite salsa. Try it out and let me know what you think in the comments below!